Welcome to the beta of Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.9
The objective of this beta version is to test the interception of networking traffic in order to build cloud-based firewall functionality in a future Panda Cloud Antivirus 2.0 version. In this beta the networking interception is applied to both HTTP and POP3 traffic. Even though the program incorporates a Process Monitor which keeps track of HTTP web traffic requests on a per process basis and allows for per-process blocking, no traditional firewall functionality is provided in the beta, only interception.
In order to promote thorough testing of this version, we are giving away
10 Amazon.com $100 gift certificates to the most active beta testers who report bugs in this Panda Cloud Antivirus Beta Support Forum
. The winners of the gift certificates will be selected at the close of the promotion by the Support Forum Moderators amongst the users with the most amount of new (unknown at the time of posting) bug reports. Note that the beta may still be ongoing after be promotion ends on August 1st, 2011. In addition there will be PRO license codes given away to other active beta testers as well.
- Process Monitor functionality and traffic history reporting.
- Ability to block a process by sending it to Recycle Bin.
- Blocked processes can be restored from the Recycle Bin.
- Ability to disable/enable BackgroundScan after signature cache synchronization.
- Ability to exclude file extensions from the on-access scanner.
- Exclusion of Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP) detections.
- New graphical installer. Logs are kept under %TEMP%\StubInstaller.log.
- New Toolbar without ID Protect & Shopping and with Toolbar Cleaner.
How To Test
We are interested in testing all types of applications which make use of network transfers, specifically HTTP and POP3. This includes browsers, web apps, peer-to-peer apps, email clients, media streaming, etc. Testing should be performed via regular daily operation of these applications in order to find incompatibilities, slowdowns, performance degradation, conflicts, BSODs, etc. with Panda Cloud Antivirus Beta 1.9. There's a document available detailing recommended tests
How to Report Bugs
1- Search the Beta Support Forum first for an existing report of the issue.
2- If you find a post with the same issue, reply to that post instead of creating a new one.
3- If you don't find an existing post with your issue, create a new post and provide required information to reproduce the problem:
- Operating System version, type (32/64) and patch level.
- Installed and running programs (via DDS
log for example).
- Other security programs installed on the system.
- Other security utilities (browser add-ons, sandboxes, etc.) installed on the system.
- Name, version and download URL of the program which PCA Beta 1.9 is conflicting with.
- IMPORTANT: step-by-step description on how to reproduce the problem.
4- If required by a Moderator, a special diagnostics tools may be provided to users to provide more detailed reporting.
Downloading and Installing
IMPORTANT: before installing this beta version make sure to uninstall any previous version of Panda Cloud Antivirus and reboot.
You can then download Panda Cloud Antivirus Beta 1.9
If you run into problems with the new installer please post the logs in this forum and install using the offline installer
- When installing with certain connections open the installer window does not disappear even though the installation is finished.
- The maximum number of URLs recorded per process is 500.
- Sometimes Process Monitor will report over 500 URLs for a process but when closing and opening the report it shows 500.
- BSOD streaming via Netflix.
- Cannot connect to VPN using Cisco VPN Client.
- Computer hangs while going into hibernation under certain conditions.
- Installer in spanish shows some texts in english.
- Even though the installer shows multiple languages the product can only be installed in either english or spanish.
- Suspicious files detected by behavioral analysis appear in the Process Monitor as "Low Risk".
- Under certain conditions URLs appear incorrectly assigned to processes.
- When trying to roll back to a created restore point with the product installed an error message appears.
- From the Process Monitor, when manually blocking a 64bit process, it is moved to the recycle bin but not killed from memory.
- Under Win7 and Vista blocked processes do not show up in the Recycle Bin if user does not have administrator privileges.
- The number of processes monitored is not refreshed until switching back and forth to another tab.
- Incorrect format when exporting a specially long URL.
- Files which have been quarantined from a network drive cannot be restored over the network.